Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dynamic iWeb design?

Hi all,

I designed my site with iWeb, and like it very much. However, nowadays so many people are browsing via their phones or tablets, I need my website to be dynamic so that it looks good on either a computer or a small phone.

So, are there any iWeb templates that you know of that are dynamic in this way instead of static?

If not, are there any iWeb alternatives that are dynamic?

I thought I'd take the plunge and try revamping my website on Wordpress, but the learning curve is a headache. I'm not a total novice at coding, but apparently enough of a novice that I can't seem to customize certain things. Mostly, I want something where I can build my new website OFFline until I'm ready to launch so that there is minimal interruption to my existing website.

Posted on Feb 6, 2015 1:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2015 1:42 PM

You can make a mobile website in iWeb.

By dynamic website you most likely mean responsive. That means elements on a page resize and move as you adjust the width of your browser. Creating a proper responsive website is actually kind of difficult and you can't do it with iWeb. Does the above video help you, or are you set on making a responsive website?

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 6, 2015 1:42 PM in response to kevinmathie

You can make a mobile website in iWeb.

By dynamic website you most likely mean responsive. That means elements on a page resize and move as you adjust the width of your browser. Creating a proper responsive website is actually kind of difficult and you can't do it with iWeb. Does the above video help you, or are you set on making a responsive website?

Feb 6, 2015 2:49 PM in response to charliemacOS

Ah! That's a great video! That's much simpler than I was originally planning. 🙂

Yes, that's the perfect solution. Create a separate mobile-friendly site. I may have to figure out some of the hosting/url details with GoDaddy, since they're the ones who host my site rather than the hosting company on the video, but the broad solution -- creating a separate site with iWeb -- is perfect.

Thanks!

Kevin

Feb 6, 2015 3:20 PM in response to kevinmathie

Be advised that iWeb is not a supported product any longer and has not been sold or support by Apple for over 2 to 3 years now.

Now is not the time to be using iWeb to build a new website be it Mobile, Dynamic or otherwise.

The youtube video that Charlie linked to relates to a product called EverWeb NOT iWeb and you most certainly can use EverWeb to build mobile versions of your website as well as an ordinary site. Click on the link to EverWeb to take a look, but I would advise you that it is not a good idea to use an unsupported product.

Dynamic iWeb design?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.