Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Audio off from clip but not source vid

I was hoping someone might know a fix for this:

After I mark in/mark out and create a clip (command+U) and move the clip to one of my bins, if I load that clip in the viewer and pull it to the timeline the audio is 2 seconds delayed. However if I load the source video in the viewer and mark in/ mark out and pull the source reference to the timeline the audio is fine.

This error just popped up out of no where. It is affecting all saved projects and new projects.

Thanks!

Posted on Feb 6, 2015 5:51 PM

3 replies

Feb 9, 2015 6:47 AM in response to Sparkytastic

Howdy Sparkytastic,

It sounds like all of a sudden the audio from your video clips is delayed in all of your projects. I would recommend taking a look at these steps specifically from the following article:

Final Cut Express: Troubleshooting Basics

Check compatibility and driver versions for third-party devices
If you're using a third-party storage system, input device, or something else, check the support area on the manufacturer's website to be sure that you're using the latest version of the relevant driver or other software for your device, if necessary. To see if your video device has been qualified for use with Final Cut Express, review: Final Cut Express: Camcorder support.

Delete the User Preferences

You can resolve many issues by restoring Final Cut Express back to its original settings. This will not impact your project files, but you should verify your Scratch Disk location setting after doing this. To reset your Final Cut Express user preference settings to their original state, do the following:

1. In the Finder, go to ~/Library/Preferences
    Note: The tilde (~) represents your Home folder.
  2. Remove the "com.apple.finalcutexpress.plist" file from the Preferences folder.
  3. Remove the "Final Cut Express User Data" folder from the Preferences folder.

Final Cut Express

Another approach you might consider is reinstalling Final Cut Express. To do this effectively, you need to remove the application then install Final Cut Express and use Software Update to install additional updates. You don't have to remove everything that was installed with Final Cut Express. Follow the steps below to completely reinstall a fresh copy of Final Cut Express.

Note: Make sure that you have your installation discs handy before starting this.

On Mac OS X v10.5

1. Open the Applications folder. Drag the Final Cut Express application to the Trash.
  2. Go to /Library/Receipts.
  3. In the Receipts folder, select the FinalCutExpress.pkg file.
  4. Choose View > as List to view the contents in a list.
  5. Click the Date Modified column header so you can easily see all of the receipts that were installed at the same time as Final Cut Express.
  6. Drag the FinalCutExpress.pkg receipt to the Trash, as well as any other items that have the same modification date within 3 minutes of the FinalCutExpress.pkg's modification date.
  7. Click the Name column header to sort the list alphabetically.
  8. Drag any other receipts whose names begin with "Final Cut Express" to the Trash.
  9. Insert your Final Cut Express installation disc and install Final Cut Express.
  10. When finished, choose Software Update from the Apple () menu to update your software to the latest version.

On Mac OS X v10.6

1. Open the Applications folder. Drag the Final Cut Express application to the Trash.
  2. Insert your Final Cut Express installation disc and install FInal Cut Express.
  3. When finished, choose Software Update from the Apple () menu to update your software to the latest version.

For further information on settings or installation, please refer to the Final Cut Express documentation available on your installation discs.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Regards,

Sterling

Mar 23, 2015 10:17 AM in response to Sparkytastic

I'm experiencing a similar issue with Final Cut X. Actually, it's some new problem every time. I can barely ever complete even a simple project. This time, I took a 12 min. DSLR video with sound and opened a project in the timeline. I bladed the video into 3 clips, deleting the 1st and 3rd clips to keep only the section in the middle that I wanted to export to Facebook. Pretty simple, right? Wrong! It's never simple or easy with Final Cut. The audio has disappeared, and only comes back if I return to the original 12 min. video? Why?Why? Why does Final Cut always do stuff that I didn't call for, ruining my ability to post even a simple project every time. Always something new, always something that makes it a huge waste of my time, always something that makes Final Cut worthless to me.

Audio off from clip but not source vid

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.