Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Imessage and facetime wont work

First I should say that this problem is on my friends ipod, not mine. She's been explaining everything to me calling me through her iPad and showing me what's been happening to her iPod touch 5. She doesn't have an iPhone, so she wants to fix this. Okay, second I should say is her iMessage and FaceTime IS NOT WORKING! Her iPod can't send or receive texts, and we've testing it out multiple times. We try to go into the iMessage app it shows NOTHING! Just BLANK! She tried to facetime through Siri and Siri says "I'm really sorry about this but I can't take any requests right now. Please try again in a little while." She says the same when asked to text someone too And no matter what we do, it Still doesn't work. she says something else's too if we again but we forgot what she says. And when my friend tries to go to the facetime app it shows her contacts but she can't click them or scroll down. So we've tried syncing her iPod through her computer but it started downloading thousand of music that she didn't want so we canceled it. Then we tried resetting the network settings and put her wifi code back in which did not work at all either. Also, when we go into settings and click either facetime or iMessage, the screen freezes when we click on one of them and of course, doesn't work. Lastly, She can go into contacts and scroll around and do whatever she wants, but when he clicks on someone, it only shows me their email and phone number but it doesn't show the little icons to text or FaceTime. We have no idea what to do. HELP!!!!!!!!!

iPod touch

Posted on Feb 6, 2015 6:04 PM

2 replies

Imessage and facetime wont work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.