Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will Photos still have Faces

Hello

Does anyone know if Photos will still have the Faces feature? I have put MANY hours into this, since my iPhoto library is over 520GB. I'd hate to lose this feature.

I saw a mention that all faces are put into a folder with that person's name. Will we still be able to have Photos auto-detect faces? Or will it be a manual move to these folders from this point forward?

Same question with Places. I use them both a lot.

Thanx

Cooch

Mac Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2), 10GB Ram

Posted on Feb 6, 2015 8:16 PM

8 replies

Feb 7, 2015 5:03 AM in response to J Cooch Lucchese

The beautiful all-new design of the Photos app uses Moments, Collections, and Years views to automatically organize your photos and videos by time and location.

You can see from Apple's presentation, that Photos will organize your photos according to the Places, just like Photos on iOS8 devices. Only, none of the presentations is showing any possibility to add locations to a phot, if it does not already have GPS tags, when you import it to Photos. You'll have to wait and see, if that will still be possible.

Mar 12, 2015 2:24 PM in response to léonie

This makes me soooo happy! It is similar to the way faces come across from my iMac to my iPad today. Does anyone know if the sort order will be corrected, though? Both the faces and events within Photos on the iPad have some random sort order (in today's version!) and like J Cooch Lucchese, I've spent hundreds of hours tagging and organizing my 50k+ photos, which include those I've scanned from my parents and grandparents. I'm a little hesitant to sign up for the Beta version, but if anyone does and can provide input, I'd love to hear it!

~ChrisKet

J Cooch Lucchese

Will Photos still have Faces

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.