Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud and Phone 5s won't sync

Help, I took over my husbands iPhone 5s and now my Pages and Numbers documents won't show up in the cloud. I need them for work!

I tried reloading both apps, I triple checked that iCloud is working. I don't know what else to do.

HELP!!! Any suggestions?

Pages-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Feb 7, 2015 4:49 AM

1 reply

Feb 9, 2015 9:18 AM in response to dianefrommentor

Hey dianefrommentor,

When you "took over" your husband's iPhone did you restore the device as new so that the Apple ID associated with it is yours and not your husband's? I have a feeling that is what is going on here.

Here are some resources that may provide additional troubleshooting steps:

What to do before selling or giving away your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support
http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201351

iCloud: Troubleshooting Documents in the Cloud - Apple Support
http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203517

iCloud: Troubleshooting Documents in the Cloud

Learn more about troubleshooting issues with Documents in the Cloud.

Unable to update documents

Documents I've updated on my Mac or uploaded from iCloud.com don't appear on my iOS device

1. If you're using an iWork for iOS app (Pages, Numbers, or Keynote), check the iCloud system requirements and make sure that you're using the latest version of iWork. For third party apps, check the documentation that came with the app, or check with the app developer to make sure the app supports iCloud. App Store application descriptions often indicate whether the app supports iCloud.
  2. Go to Apple () menu > System Preferences on your Mac. Click iCloud and confirm that you're signed in to iCloud and the Documents & Data checkbox is selected.
  3. After opening your iOS app, wait a few minutes for the documents to appear. Your iOS device may not have connected to iCloud since changes were made to the document at iCloud.com or on your other devices.
  4. Try creating a new document on your iOS device, then check again for the documents from iCloud to appear.
  5. Go to Settings > iCloud > Documents & Data and confirm that Use Cellular Data is turned on.
  6. Confirm that you're connected to the Internet by checking for an Edge, 3G, 4G, LTE, or Wi-Fi icon in your device's status bar. Test your connection by opening apple.com in Safari.
  7. Try resetting iCloud Documents & Data service.

Note: Preview and TextEdit documents uploaded to your iCloud Documents Library on your Mac will not be visible on iCloud.com or an iOS device, and iCloud iWork documents saved to iCloud cannot be viewed in Preview or TextEdit.

Documents on iCloud.com are not updated when changes are made on my iOS device or Mac

Updates made on iOS devices

1. Your document or its changes may not yet have been uploaded to iCloud. Launch the application and find the document. An up arrow may be displayed in the upper-right corner of the document icon. After your iOS device connects to iCloud, the updated document appears at iCloud.com and the up arrow will no longer appear.
  2. Go to Settings > iCloud > Documents & Data and confirm that Use Cellular Data is turned on.
  3. Confirm that you're connected to the Internet by checking for an Edge, 3G, 4G, LTE, or Wi-Fi icon in your device's status bar. Test your connection by opening apple.com in Safari.
  4. If you're trying to update a document from an iWork for iOS app (Pages, Numbers, or Keynote), check the iCloud system requirements and make sure that you're using the latest version of iWork. For third party apps, check the documentation that came with the app, or check with the app developer to make sure the app supports iCloud. App Store application descriptions often indicate whether the app supports iCloud.

Updates made on your Mac

1. Check the iCloud system requirements and make sure that you're using the latest version of Pages, Numbers, or Keynote.
  2. In the iCloud pane of System Preferences, confirm that you're signed in to iCloud and the Documents & Data checkbox is selected.
  3. Confirm that the document is in your iCloud Documents Library: Open the application for the document and choose File > Open. Make sure the iCloud icon on the upper-left side is selected. If your document does not appear in the list, navigate to your document in the Finder. Drag your document from the Finder window into the Open documents window. You should see a small cloud icon and "Waiting" appear under the document icon. When the document has been uploaded to iCloud, a date appears under the icon.

Note: Preview and TextEdit documents uploaded to your iCloud Documents Library on your Mac will not be visible on iCloud.com or an iOS device, and iCloud iWork documents saved to iCloud cannot be viewed in Preview or TextEdit.

Unable to upload documents

Documents cannot be uploaded and iCloud.com displays “Getting Started” information

On your iOS device, go to Settings > iCloud and make sure that Documents & Data is turned on. Then follow these steps to make sure that latest iWork for iOS apps (Keynote, Pages, and Numbers) are installed:

1. Go to the App Store to download and install the iWork apps you want. If you've already installed them, check the App Store for available updates.
  2. Go to Settings on our device, then locate each iWork app in the list. In the settings for each app, make sure that Use iCloud is turned on.
  3. Open each iWork for iOS app to enable the app for use with iCloud.

Documents opened on my iOS device or Mac display a "Resolve Conflict" message

If you see a "Resolve Conflict" message, changes were made to a document on a different iOS device, on your Mac, or at iCloud.com since you last connected to iCloud. You will be asked to choose the version of the file that you wish to keep. Choose a version of the document to save, then click Keep to upload it to iCloud.

Other issues

Inconsistent storage quota values

If you add files to Documents in the Cloud using any method other than the recommended iCloud iWork web apps (Pages, Numbers, or Keynote), approved App Store applications, or through the iCloud Documents Library on your Mac, an inconsistent storage quota value may appear on your iOS device or in System Preferences. Follow the appropriate instructions:

On your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch

1. Go to Settings > iCloud > Storage & Backup > Manage Storage.
  2. In the Documents & Data section, tap the name of the application.
  3. Tap Edit, then tap the red circle that appears next to the file.
  4. Tap Delete or Delete All, then tap Delete or Delete All again to confirm that you want to delete the files.

On your Mac

1. Choose Apple () menu > System Preferences, then click the iCloud icon.
  2. Click Manage.
  3. Select the application from the list, then select the files you want to delete.
  4. Click Delete or Delete All, then click Delete again to confirm that you want to delete the files.

At iCloud.com

1. Open the iWork web app for your document.
  2. Select the files that you want to delete.
  3. Click the gear icon in the upper-right corner of the window, then choose Delete Document.
  4. Click Delete again to confirm that you want to delete the files.

On your PC

Open the iCloud Control Panel:

1. Windows 8: Go to the Start screen and click the iCloud tile.
  2. Windows 7: Choose Start menu > All Programs > iCloud > iCloud.
  3. Click Manage.
  4. Select the application from the list, then select the files you want to delete.
  5. Click Delete or Delete All, then click Delete again to confirm that you want to delete the files.

After you've deleted the files, the change in your iCloud storage allocation automatically updates the quota values.

If you're unable to locate or delete the files, or the storage quota values displayed on your iOS device or in System Preferences continue to be inconsistent, read more about iCloud storage buffering. If you still need help, contact iCloud Support.

Information about products not manufactured by Apple, or independent websites not controlled or tested by Apple, is provided without recommendation or endorsement. Apple assumes no responsibility with regard to the selection, performance, or use of third-party websites or products. Apple makes no representations regarding third-party website accuracy or reliability. Risks are inherent in the use of the Internet. Contact the vendor for additional information.

Last Modified:

I hope this information helps ....

- Judy

iCloud and Phone 5s won't sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.