Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 5 stopped working with my 2015 Subaru Outback after the iOS 8.1.3 update

My iPhone 5 stopped working with the USB connector on my 2015 Subaru Outback. The phone will still charge, but the message is something like "this iPhone will not work with this accessory". Is there a fix being made? I saw others post with issues with the latest update. It worked fine with the prior iOS version 8.1.2

iPhone 5, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 7, 2015 5:15 AM

1 reply

Feb 9, 2015 9:24 AM in response to bballfan85

Hello bballfan85,

It sounds like your getting an error message that the iPhone isn't going to work with your Subaru all of a sudden over USB. I would use these troubleshooting steps from this article, named:

If you need help with iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch accessories

Update your software

Install the latest version of iOS. You can see which version is on your iPhone by going to the About screen.

Disconnect and inspect the accessory, then restart your device

1. Disconnect the accessory and turn it off, if possible.
  2. Inspect the connection between the accessory and device and make sure that no debris or other damage is present.
  3. Restart your iOS device by turning it off, then back on. When the Home screen appears, reconnect the accessory.

Try a different device

Make sure the issue is with the accessory, if possible. Always use an identical or similar, compatible device with the accessory you're troubleshooting.

• If there's static coming from the left audio channel when you use headphones, try connecting the headphones to a similar device.
  • If the device isn't syncing when connected to the dock, connect it directly to the computer using the Apple 30-pin to USB Cable or try another USB port.
  • If you're using Lightning to 30-pin Adapter in a connection chain, try using the same adapter on a similar or identical device.

Restore iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Restore your iOS device. You should rarely need to use this step with an accessory issue. If the issue only affects a third-party accessory, contact the manufacturer before restoring the device.

These steps will help you troubleshoot the iPhone side of the equation.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

All the best,

Sterling

My iPhone 5 stopped working with my 2015 Subaru Outback after the iOS 8.1.3 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.