Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV and iPhones/iPads no longer connecting

Good morning,

Probably going to pretty lengthly here but we have been having some major issues here.

Since September we have been having issues with our iPhones, iPads, along with our apple tvs not connecting and syncing up.

At the time we blamed it on AT&T selling out to Frontier in our area but now we are in February and still having issues.

We have a wireless network in the house that we had for 5 years prior to Frontier taking over, when issues began to arise of air play not working, not being able to use home sharing as it could not locate our iMac, or loading times always timing out, we contacted Frontier many times they even sent a tech out but everything proved fine.

At the time everything in our house was wireless and we would loose connection to the internet when surfing or doing homework on any device we were using. I ended up hard wiring my desktop and Mac Mini and have not had any issues since.

We figured since the router we were using was about 6 to 7 years old we would up grade to a new one and maybe that would get rid of the problem. So I purchased the Linksys AC1900. set it up the same way as the old one an off we went. Everything worked fine for a day or two and then right back to nothing working.

Again called frontier and techs came out and we checked everything and nothing was interfering or not functioning properly. I have even ended up hard wiring a few of the apple tvs, but again same time out issues or no connectivity.

Everything is running on the latest software.

We are now at the point of thinking it is apple that is our issue, We do not have any windows computers or devices to test this theory on but a lot of news going around stating apple is having many issues with wifi and connectivity issues.

I did not want to contact apple just yet as I have spent enough time on the phone with people trying to figure this issue out.

If anyone is able to give me a hand it would be greatly appreciated.

Posted on Feb 7, 2015 6:14 AM

3 replies

Feb 9, 2015 9:51 AM in response to JeffreyPNichols

Hello JefferyPNichols,

It sounds likeyou are unable to either use Home Sharing between your devices or Airplay. If the former, I would recommend you use this article to help you troubleshoot the issue:

Troubleshooting Home Sharing

If you are talking about Airplay instead, use this article for iOS devices:

Resolve issues with AirPlay and AirPlay Mirroring from iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

And this one for iTunes on your Mac:

iTunes: Troubleshooting AirPlay and AirPlay Mirroring

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

All the best,

Sterling

Apple TV and iPhones/iPads no longer connecting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.