Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Making Flat Screen Capture Video Look 3D: Please Assist

Hi guys! 9 seconds into this Google advert it has a cool effect where a flat screenshot clip is made to look 3d! It appears they took a screen capture video, and applied an effect to make it appear as though they were recording a computer screen with a handheld camera!

Seems like it wouldn't be THAT hard to do, but I have no idea how, I am familiar with Final Cut Pro 7 and Motion 4, so if I could achieve this with these tools it would be great! Super passionate about film any assistance appreciated!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRmDGvdkg8E&t=0m9s

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.4)

Posted on Feb 7, 2015 6:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2015 7:57 AM

It looks like that's exactly what they did...shot the screen with a camera. It's not straight on, but at an angle. If you only have a screen capture and it's flat, you can rotate it in Motion or FCP on an axis, cant it at an angle. You'll need to push in a little to do this, but it's pretty easy to do.

4 replies

Making Flat Screen Capture Video Look 3D: Please Assist

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.