Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Powermac G5 stuck on apple logo with max speed fan

PowerMac G5 running Mac OS 10.5.8, get stuck while booting on the apple logo and the fans starts working on high speed.

Reseting PRAM allowed me to boot once, but the following day it got stuck in the same place.

Then I removed the RAM and placed them in different sockets,and started ok, restarted also ok, but the following day the problem came again.

what is preventing the system from booting normally.

And what can I do to fix that problem.

Thank you.

PowerMac, Mac OS X (10.5.8), G5

Posted on Feb 7, 2015 4:23 AM

8 replies

Feb 11, 2015 5:52 AM in response to BDAqua

Hello,

When my G5 bi-pro (2.5 Ghz) watercooled had not water enought, he got the same symptoms 😢.

I disassemble the water blocks, I clean the inside water block (very thin slots of copper) (*), I make the waterproofness of the two blocks, fill with water and anti-alga and the temperature don't encreased up to 60°C (140 °F) and the G5 can start witout freezing.

Best regards

(*) Two years ago he mad the same symptom than before : the thin slots of copper are oxyd black. I clean the oxyd with chlorid acidand he restart.

Powermac G5 stuck on apple logo with max speed fan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.