Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod wont sync or connect with iMac and Car Audio System.

I have a older iPod and upto a few days ago, it was working and in sync with my car audio system as well as iTunes. Now it don't and the only thing I've done was to upload OS 10.10.2 "Yosemite" onto my iMac but that would of not affected iPod working with my car audio system. Going on iTunes now - there is no connection to my iPod (no device symbol appears). Checking my iPod, everything appears to be working and playing as normal. Have replaced connection cable also but no change. USB connections are also fine as I linked my iPhone5 to iTunes no problem. Anyone have any idea's on how to resolve this because I am at lost to what to do next. I have also tried the above link but to no avail. Any assistance appreciated please. Thank You.

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2010), iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Feb 7, 2015 5:35 AM

1 reply

Feb 9, 2015 9:35 AM in response to DougB

Hi DougB,

It sounds like you updated the iMac, but have you updated the iTunes software as well? I would try that and restart the iPod to see if it is recognized in iTunes, then address the audio system in your car.

If you don't see your connected device in iTunes for Mac - Apple Support
http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203979

If you don't see your connected device in iTunes for Mac

When you connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to your Mac with OS X, you should see your device in iTunes. If you don't, try these steps.

See where to find your connected device in iTunes.

If you're using a PC, see the steps for Windows.

Make sure that your device is on

Also make sure that you can get to the Home screen.

Get help if you have one of these issues:

Make sure that your Mac supports your device

See the system requirements for iPhone, iPad, or iPod.

Check your USB connections

1. Unplug other USB devices from your Mac and try again.
  2. Try a different USB port.
  3. Try a different USB cable.

Learn more about using USB cables with your Mac.

Make sure that your device trusts the computer

You might get an alert if you haven't connected your iOS device to this computer before. Unlock your device and tap Trust.

Learn more about the Trust This Computer alert.

Restart your device

Restart your iOS device or reset your iPod.

Restart your Mac

Turn your Mac off and back on.

Update your software

1. Check for software updates on your Mac.
  2. Check for an iTunes update.

Check your security software

If you have security software installed, learn how to resolve issues between iTunes and your security software.

Get more help

If you still don't see your device in iTunes, contact Apple Support.

Information about products not manufactured by Apple, or independent websites not controlled or tested by Apple, is provided without recommendation or endorsement. Apple assumes no responsibility with regard to the selection, performance, or use of third-party websites or products. Apple makes no representations regarding third-party website accuracy or reliability. Risks are inherent in the use of the Internet. Contact the vendor for additional information.

Last Modified:

Cheers,

- Judy

iPod wont sync or connect with iMac and Car Audio System.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.