Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems with iOS 8.1.3 on iPod Touch 5G

I own an iPod touch 5G. It runs on iOS 8.1.3 and Facetime and Messaging do not work. I also own an iPad 4 running on the same iOS, and facetime and messaging work perfectly fine. I don't understand why this is happening. I updated the iPad after I updated my iPod. I don't know if my iPod is corrupt. The app store updating/downloading always shows 'Waiting...'. But on my iPad I can update and download perfectly fine! I don't think I can downgrade to iOS 7.

What's happening with Facetime and Messaging is that they don't show up. Just a white screen for messaging, and a black screen for facetime. I restart my iPod touch everyday to see if it will work but it still doesn't. My apple ID is already logged in. Please help me!!!! (I've tried resetting my iPod touch)

iPod touch, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 7, 2015 7:23 AM

1 reply

Feb 7, 2015 8:12 AM in response to ILoveAppleStuffs

Try:

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

iOS: Troubleshooting Messages

iOS: Troubleshooting FaceTime

- Sign out and then sign back into Messages and FT. Note you will lose all messages presently on the iPod

- Reset all settings

Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.

All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.

- Restore from backup. See:

iOS: Back up and restore your iOS device with iCloud or iTunes

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

Problems with iOS 8.1.3 on iPod Touch 5G

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.