Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ethernet (or Wi-Fi) in Single User Mode

I have a PowerBook G4, and I would like to know how to enable internet using Ethernet and WiFi. I know that WiFi may or may not work, because of my computer being to old, but I would be very surprised if ethernet does not work at all. Thanks for any Help.

PowerBook, Mac OS X (10.5.8), PowerBook G4

Posted on Feb 7, 2015 8:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2015 11:14 AM

I still have a working 2003 PowerBook G4 (17-inch; 1Ghz) that works with both a wired (ethernet port on side) and wireless connection. However, it wasn;t until April 2004 that wireless hardware was standard instead of optional, so a lot of older PowerBooks do not have wireless built-in.

8 replies

Feb 14, 2015 6:05 PM in response to Skyler Spaeth CG

Hi Is there a reason you need to run single user mode for this? When ethernet is used it is on automatically as long as you have an active network. Wifi is setup from what ever active wifi network you have. You inter network name, password and type of encryption. Check the box save in keychain. You cannot run both at the same time, though they both can be on. It will default to ethernet if you have a ethernet cable plugged in.

Ethernet (or Wi-Fi) in Single User Mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.