Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 5 white screen with text message

Hi,

I have iphone 5 and it is not booting up. whenever I try to update or restore it gives me error 4005 and some error display on the white screen with apple logo on the iphone with multiple text and last line one the screen"[NAND]_fetchborrowedlist:881 number of borrowed blocks 16.

What should I do now?

iPhone 5, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 7, 2015 12:51 PM

1 reply

Feb 9, 2015 2:02 PM in response to Ruhain

Hello Ruhain,

The resource below explains what to do if you are seeing error 4005 when you try to restore your iPhone.

iOS: Restore errors 4005, 4013, and 4014 - Apple Support
http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201444

When you try to update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, you may see one of these messages in iTunes.

You may see one of these messages if the device unexpectedly disconnects during the update or restore or iTunes couldn't tell the device to go to the restore state.

• The iPhone [device name] could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (4005).
  • The iPhone [device name] could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (4013).
  • The iPhone [device name] could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (4014).

Try these steps to resolve the issue:

1. Install the latest version of iTunes.
  2. Restart your computer.
  3. Make sure your computer is up to date. If an update requires a restart, check for updates again after you restart.
  4. Restore using another USB cable.
  5. Restore your device on another computer.

If you continue to see error 4005, 4013, or 4014 when you restore your device, contact Apple for support.

Learn more about other update and restore errors.

Last Modified:

I hope this information helps ....

- Judy

iphone 5 white screen with text message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.