Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ibook not totally downloading just on iPads

Hi all.

There's this one book I've purchased from the ibooks store that I can only read if connected to the internet. When off-line, it opens just to say something like "it's not totally downloaded, please download it again". I know the author, and the book has been formatted in Ibooks Author and is therefore "made for Ibooks". On my desktop Mac, that doesn't happens. And of course, I erased the book and re-downloaded several times...

Any ideas?

Posted on Feb 7, 2015 1:37 PM

1 reply

Feb 9, 2015 2:28 PM in response to andrevallejo

Hey andrevallejo,

If an iBook is not opening on your Mac, the first thing I would suggest is to make sure you have the latest version of OS X and iTunes installed.

Then download the book again:

Download past purchases - Apple Support
http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT2519

Download previous purchases on Mac or PC

Make sure your Mac or PC meets these system requirements:

• iTunes 10.3 or later
    You need iTunes 10.6 or later to download previously purchased movies and TV shows.
  • iTunes account in a country where iTunes in the Cloud is available

iTunes Store

1. Open iTunes and go to the iTunes Store.
  2. Click Purchased in the Quick Links section.
  3. Select the content type that you want to download (Books).
  4. Select Not in My Library to view purchased content that isn't on your computer.
    User uploaded file
  5. Find the item that you want to download.
  6. Click the Download User uploaded file icon next to the item you want to download.
    If an item is already in your library, the Download icon won't appear.

Make sure your computer is authorized using the Apple ID that you used for the original purchase.

Make sure your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV, Mac, or PC is associated with your Apple ID.

If you can't find the item that you purchased in the iTunes Store, report a problem with the item. You can report a problem with a purchase made within the last 90 days.

I hope this information helps ....

- Judy

Ibook not totally downloading just on iPads

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.