Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to kill iCloud password popup on Mac start up?

iCloud password is asked every time I reboot my mac. Can't turn it off. It makes me crazy! How to kill this popup? MacBook Pro Yosemite OS X 10.10.2 (14C109)

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Feb 7, 2015 1:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2015 2:11 PM

Good Afternoon vonnavi,

If you are repeatedly being asked to enter your iCloud password on your Mac, try these steps to resolve the issue:

iCloud: Account troubleshooting - Apple Support
http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203512

Go to My Apple ID (appleid.apple.com), click “Manage your Apple ID,” and try to sign in with your Apple ID. If you are unable to sign in, follow the steps provided there to reset your Apple ID account password.

I receive a “failed user name or password” alert when attempting to sign in at iCloud.com, in iCloud preferences (Mac), or in the iCloud Control Panel (PC).

• Make sure that you're entering your entire Apple ID when you sign in (for example, if your Apple ID is username@me.com, make sure that you aren't trying to sign in with just “username”).
  • Verify that the Caps Lock key is not enabled. All passwords are case sensitive.
  • Make sure that you're using the correct iCloud-associated Apple ID and not a different Apple ID used for other services. For more information about having more than one Apple ID, refer to Using your Apple ID for Apple services.
  • If needed, reset your Apple ID password at iforgot.apple.com.

If you use the same Apple ID for iCloud as you do for other Apple Services, (for example, Apple Online Store, iTunes Store, or Mac App Store), changing your iCloud account password also changes your password for the other Apple services. Make sure that you sign in to those services using your new password. Also, be sure to update your Apple ID password on all of your devices and computers that may use your Apple ID (such as any email applications that you use to receive iCloud email).

I can't sign in to iCloud on my Mac due to an alert stating that my email address has not been verified.

If you can't sign in due to the alert “Account not verified - Check your email for instructions for verifying your account”:

1. Close and reopen iCloud preferences before attempting to sign in to iCloud again.
  2. If that does not resolve the issue, check your email folder and Junk folder for a verification email sent from Apple.
  3. If there is no verification email in your email folder or Junk folder, click the Resend Verification Email button in iCloud preferences.

Hope this helps ...

- Judy

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 9, 2015 2:11 PM in response to vonnavi

Good Afternoon vonnavi,

If you are repeatedly being asked to enter your iCloud password on your Mac, try these steps to resolve the issue:

iCloud: Account troubleshooting - Apple Support
http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203512

Go to My Apple ID (appleid.apple.com), click “Manage your Apple ID,” and try to sign in with your Apple ID. If you are unable to sign in, follow the steps provided there to reset your Apple ID account password.

I receive a “failed user name or password” alert when attempting to sign in at iCloud.com, in iCloud preferences (Mac), or in the iCloud Control Panel (PC).

• Make sure that you're entering your entire Apple ID when you sign in (for example, if your Apple ID is username@me.com, make sure that you aren't trying to sign in with just “username”).
  • Verify that the Caps Lock key is not enabled. All passwords are case sensitive.
  • Make sure that you're using the correct iCloud-associated Apple ID and not a different Apple ID used for other services. For more information about having more than one Apple ID, refer to Using your Apple ID for Apple services.
  • If needed, reset your Apple ID password at iforgot.apple.com.

If you use the same Apple ID for iCloud as you do for other Apple Services, (for example, Apple Online Store, iTunes Store, or Mac App Store), changing your iCloud account password also changes your password for the other Apple services. Make sure that you sign in to those services using your new password. Also, be sure to update your Apple ID password on all of your devices and computers that may use your Apple ID (such as any email applications that you use to receive iCloud email).

I can't sign in to iCloud on my Mac due to an alert stating that my email address has not been verified.

If you can't sign in due to the alert “Account not verified - Check your email for instructions for verifying your account”:

1. Close and reopen iCloud preferences before attempting to sign in to iCloud again.
  2. If that does not resolve the issue, check your email folder and Junk folder for a verification email sent from Apple.
  3. If there is no verification email in your email folder or Junk folder, click the Resend Verification Email button in iCloud preferences.

Hope this helps ...

- Judy

How to kill iCloud password popup on Mac start up?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.