Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Who deletes my stick content?

After transferring (not installing) iDVD to a yosemit volume then launching iDVD asks for schemes, deletes it, and asks again. Who allows Tom to do this? How to prevent?

~ Karl

Posted on Feb 7, 2015 2:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2015 2:27 PM

What files exactly did you transfer to the Yosemite volume and were did you place them? And how did you transfer them, i.e. flash drive and if so how was it formatted?

User uploaded file

8 replies

Feb 7, 2015 3:16 PM in response to Old Toad

Themes iDVD1,…, iDVD6 from Library/Application Support/iDVD to Library/Application Support/iDVD

I see I forgott themes iDVD7 but used it…

transfered also with a stick the iDVD Application, may be, this is a container and is better handled with a mac formatted volume… and launched the application;

then I copied the project and the source files per Mac OS Extended HD with USB connector.

NOw I will use for all the Mac formatted drive and check.

~ k

Feb 7, 2015 3:21 PM in response to KarlPfeifferHarbachoed

The application goes, obviously, in the Applications folder. The iDVD folder with the Themes subfolder go in the HD/Library/Applications Support folder.

Then you should launch iDVD and go to its Advance preference pane where you point iDVD to the location of the iDVD folder:

User uploaded file

There's no reason that the iDVD folder or its subfolders should be deleted.

Feb 7, 2015 3:26 PM in response to KarlPfeifferHarbachoed

Now I packed the whole iDVD folder from Application Support to a .zip archive, ¡thousends of files!,

transfered the parcle direct to the target folder,

extracted it there, and iDVD was happy with it.

Where you wrote questions, these helped me - an excellent, distinguished method, old toad,😉

Thank you, have a nice night,

Karl

Feb 7, 2015 10:54 PM in response to Old Toad

Old Toad wrote:

Make sure you have a minimum of 25 GB of free space on the boot drive when using iDVD. It needs lots of scratch space for encoding, etc.

THis is to be underlined double, so my experience, and much free space on the volume where the project-file resides is important too. And in general (without thinking for iDVD) 30-40% free space on any HD is a good consideration.

Who deletes my stick content?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.