Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4 won't Charge or connect to iTunes.

Okay so it all started about two weeks ago. I tried plugging in my iPhone into my computer (it worked the day before) and I kept getting this error " Unrecognized USB" It would later say that the USB didn't install correctly. So after searching for hours online. I tried resetting all the USB hub things. I Scanned new hardware all that jazz.. Nothing worked. Well when I tried plugging in my iPhone into the wall. It didn't charge at all. So I tried the Reset ( Hold down the power and the home until it turns off. ) That didn't work. So I read online, I got all the lent and small dust particles out of the charging little slot thing. That didn't work. I tried resetting it by connecting it to iTunes and restoring it. But Once again my computer doesn't detect my phone for some reason. I have literally tried everything and nothing works. But I noticed that when ever I turn off my phone and connect it to the charger. It will charge very slowly. Super slowly like every 3 hours it would probably get 100% battery. But when I try to turn it on it goes right back to not charging.. Help please

iPhone 4, iOS 7.1.2, Please help, I have tried everythin

Posted on Feb 7, 2015 4:20 PM

1 reply

Feb 10, 2015 6:27 AM in response to DustinJameson7

Hi Dustin,

I know it can be frustrating to have your iPhone not be functioning 100%. As someone who depends on my iPhone on a daily basis, I know it would bother me. Let's see if we can get you back up and running.

It sounds as if, for one reason or another, your computer is not being recognized by your computer. Depending on what type of computer you are using, one of these articles may assist you with this issue -

If you don't see your connected device in iTunes for Mac - Apple Support

iPhone, iPad, or iPod not recognized in iTunes for Windows - Apple Support

The issue with charging may or may not be a separate thing. I would suggest troubleshooting with the steps in the following article -

If you can’t charge your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Sincerely,

Brett L

iPhone 4 won't Charge or connect to iTunes.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.