Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Macbook Pro storage is filled with apps,but i dont install any apps?Help Please!

Hi guys,So i got my macbook pro about a month ago.But today i was just casually check "about my macbook",i checked my storage.I was shocked as i see my storage is filled with apps but i DO NOT have any apps in my mac.So is there any way to solve this or is it normal?User uploaded file

MacBook Pro with Retina display, Macbook Pro storage

Posted on Feb 7, 2015 8:41 PM

5 replies

Feb 7, 2015 8:46 PM in response to ameer7599

That's not normal - you certainly do have apps, but the built-in ones shouldn't take up that much space. Open up the Finder window, go to Applications and sort by size (click the word "Size" at the top of the third column). Can you take a screen grab of that? (To take a screen grab, click shift-command-3 - a screenshot image will save to your desktop).

Matt

Feb 7, 2015 8:50 PM in response to ameer7599

To fix that display you need to re-index the hard drive. Open Spotlight Preferences and click on the Privacy tab. Drag your drive's Desktop icon into the list. Wait 30 seconds, then delete the entry. Re-indexing may take several hours to complete during which time your computer will appear sluggish.

My Macbook Pro storage is filled with apps,but i dont install any apps?Help Please!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.