Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad won't recognise my canon MG8250 as air printer

When I try to print from the iPad I to my Canon MG8250 printer get the message "no air printer found"

I should probably first give a bit of background to my situation which may or may not be helpful, As well as the iPad i have a Windows 7 PC, which is wired both to the router and the printer, and a windows 8.1 laptop which has a wireless link to the same router.Wireless printing from the laptop is not a problem and works absolutely fine. Initially I thought this printer link was via the Homegroup which i had set up but, never really used apart from printing. But, following the re-install of Windows on the PC, I could not get Homegroup set up so currently neither laptop nor PC is a member of a homegroup but wireless printing from the laptop still works. So i have to conlude that the set-up is not (and probably never was) linked to Homegroups

The ipad is on the same wireless network as the laptop and the wired PC

Any ideas?

iPad Air, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Feb 8, 2015 3:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2015 3:17 AM

even if the "Canon MG8250" has wifi printing, it doesn't mean it works with iOS devices. First make sure your Printer is AirPrint enabled: http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201311

6 replies

Feb 8, 2015 9:38 AM in response to Japib

Hi Japib,

In the reference you pointed me to, one of the things mentioned was that an air printer may take some minutes to become available. I don't know if this was the reason for the previous problem as I can't remember how much time I gave it on my previous attempts. But it is certainly working now

Thanks for your help and my apologies if raised this problem unnecessarily.

Feb 12, 2015 12:51 PM in response to magall

I have exactly the same problem with a Canon MG4250.

The printer is listed in Apples compatibility list. It is configured correctly with activated airprint function. The printer worked fine with several Apple devices running under iOS 7. Since update to iOS 8 (meanwhile 8.1.3) no printer could be found.

I also use that printer from a Mac, which does not use Airprint, but I just wanted to mention, that it works fine with this platform.

The Canon support had no ideas. There is also no firmware update available.

My network configuration is still the same.

It also doesn't matter if the printer is on for 1 or 10 minutes. It can't be found from an iOS device.

So if anyone has an idea, please reply.

Thomas

Feb 18, 2015 12:10 PM in response to magall

Actually I had a similar problem with my iPhone 6 (iOS 8.1.3) and a Canon Pixma MG4250.

These steps solved the problem for me:

• Reset all settings on the printer
  • Setup WLAN on the printer again to the same WLAN network as my iPhone (verify!)
  • Removed power from the printer
  • Turned printer on again
  • Waited about 3 minutes

-> Airprint is working. The printer appears now as desired on my iPhone as airprint printer.

iPad won't recognise my canon MG8250 as air printer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.