Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"text message forwarding" code problem

Hello,

When i try to activate "text message forwarding" feature from my iPhone in order to allow my mac and iPad send sms through my iPhone, any code doesn't appear on my mac's and iPad's message apps. Where and how can i see this code to enter to iPhone?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Feb 8, 2015 4:09 AM

4 replies

Feb 10, 2015 7:56 AM in response to ktiknaz

Hi ktiknaz,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. Based on what you stated, it sounds like you want to use Continuity for messages with the Mac. I would recommend that you read this article, it may be able to help the issue.

Connect your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Mac using Continuity - Apple Support

• Your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch need to use iOS 8.1, and your Mac needs to use OS X Yosemite.
  • Sign in to iMessage on your iPhone, your other iOS devices, and your Mac using the same Apple ID.

Cheers,

Mario

"text message forwarding" code problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.