Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

USB AUDIO CODEC NOT BEING RECOGNISED

Hello,

I have my my Wharfedale 802 mixer plugged into my MAC Mini (late 2012), Processor - 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5, Memory - 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, via USB however it is not being recognised as USB audio CODEC what so ever. I have also tried searching for this to set the outputs in Logic and it is not recognised there either.

I have just updated my iOS to Yosemite 10.10.2 and also my Logic X does anybody know why my mac is not recognising my USB audio CODEC for an input or output?

Please help.

Thanks

Mac mini, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Feb 8, 2015 5:59 AM

5 replies

Feb 10, 2015 8:22 AM in response to KickPushP

Hello KickPushP,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that your Wharfedale 802 mixer is not recognized in Logic when you connect it to your Mac mini. In this situation, I would recommend reading over and working through the basic Logic Pro X troubleshooting to help isolate and resolve this issue.

Logic Pro X: Troubleshooting basics - Apple Support

Have a great day,

Joe

Feb 21, 2015 4:45 PM in response to KickPushP

I have a Pyle USB cassette tape deck that needs this codec also to work with Audacity.I'm out of luck with the USB connection and have to connect it via RCA plugs to miniplug into Line In.

I have come to the conclusion that this codec only worked on Macs that used PPC chips,not Intel Macs.Apple must have dropped it when switching to Intel.No where on the net can I find anything about this codec on newer mac OS's and newer intel Macs.

Judging from this user's comment below and others,they are working with OSX10.4 and PPC's like G3,G4 and G5.Also later versions of Mac OSX that had support for PPC's like the first Mac Pro.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

In Audacity prefs, I selected:

"USB Audio CODEC" for both Input and playback.

Mac is a 533Ghz g4 (Digitial audio) running 10.4.11

It is plug into a USB port on back of machine.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Attached is a screenshot from Audacity and it shows the USB Audio Codec. I was pulling my hair out,wondering why I couldn't see it in my audio sound setup in OSX 10.6.8 on my black Macbook.I couldn't find it in my system anywhere.This attachment showing the codec installed MUST have been done on a PPC G3,4 or 5. Nowhere does it exist on Intel Macs.

Disregard the red circle.

User uploaded file

Feb 23, 2015 5:51 AM in response to KickPushP

My last post to you is incorrect.I posted a message to Audacity about USB audio Codec being not for OSX on Intel Macs.

It is supported,but make what you can of it on the developer link below.

On 22 February 2015 at 15:34, Ross W wrote:

My only question is,was he using a Powermac G3,G4 or G5 PowerPC based computer to show the USB audio codec installed? Mac Intel with OSX does not have USB audio codec in it's sound codecs anymore,nor does it support this codec anymore for usb record recorders & Tape recorders.

Sorry, but that is just not true:

https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/technotes/tn2274/_index.html .

Add to your list of unsupported Cassette players. Pyle PT-659DU. There will be other models similar to this one with the same issue.I had to go analog RCA to work properly with Audacity.
See: http://wiki.audacityteam.org/wiki/User:BillWharrie/OSX_and_USB_input_devices

Pyle devices most likely just use the Mac's USB audio class driver as above.

However if your device's manual says you need to install a special driver for

Mac, you should do that.

In many cases, it's as simple as replacing the USB cable.

Sep 8, 2015 6:42 AM in response to KickPushP

Hi KickPushP,

I just purchased a Wharfedale connect pro 802 and I got exactly your problem: it is not being recognised as USB audio CODEC.

I tried to connect the mixer through an USB HUB and it worked fine!

But - don't ask me why - it worked also with a 5mt. length usb cable... 😕

I hope this can help you.

Bye.

Ferdinando

USB AUDIO CODEC NOT BEING RECOGNISED

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.