Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Email Alias

I want to use an email alias that I created using my iCloud account in Microsoft Outlook for Mac, but Outlook is asking for server info and port numbers. Can I use an iCloud alias in Outlook?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Feb 8, 2015 4:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2015 7:58 AM

Not as a separate account. Aliases deliver into the main inbox alongside the primary address and so setting up the main address with the correct server connections will get you messages addressed to the aliases as well. You should be able to choose what your 'From' address will be when sending should you wish to send as from an alias, again you do this from the main account.

The server settings are listed here:

iCloud: Mail server settings for email clients - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 8, 2015 7:58 AM in response to dennyup

Not as a separate account. Aliases deliver into the main inbox alongside the primary address and so setting up the main address with the correct server connections will get you messages addressed to the aliases as well. You should be able to choose what your 'From' address will be when sending should you wish to send as from an alias, again you do this from the main account.

The server settings are listed here:

iCloud: Mail server settings for email clients - Apple Support

Feb 8, 2015 2:55 PM in response to Roger Wilmut1

Thank you. Just such settings were available for my alias in the app for iPad and iPhone 6, but not for the main version in my Mac! I simply cannot find an option to add the alias anywhere within the settings. I have Outlook set up with my main iCloud account and that part works fine, but nowhere can I see a way to add the alias that I created in iCloud -- easy to do in iPad and iPhone.

iCloud Email Alias

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.