Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

updated ibook in private iTunes u course not updating

I have "published" an iBook to my materials section of a private iTunes U course. All went well downloading the book to iBooks. I then updated the book, resaved it, and deleted the old copy from both iTunes U and iBooks. After re-adding the ibook to iTunes U and downloading it to iBooks, I keep getting the old copy in iBooks. Any ideas why?

I know I could probably rename the book and solve my issues, but I wanted to see if this was something I would come across every time I update an iBook.

Thanks!

Posted on Feb 8, 2015 10:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2015 10:11 PM

I've seen issues such as this posted on the iBooks Author forum. Some tips I've seen there:

• When copying a book, never use Finder; use iBooks Author's "Duplicate" item.
  • When re-publishing a title, always bump the version number.
  • Renaming won't help unless the book was properly duplicated, because iBooks uses a magic identifier written into the iBooks Author file.

Hopefully that helps solve your issue!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 8, 2015 10:11 PM in response to Brian Frazee

I've seen issues such as this posted on the iBooks Author forum. Some tips I've seen there:

• When copying a book, never use Finder; use iBooks Author's "Duplicate" item.
  • When re-publishing a title, always bump the version number.
  • Renaming won't help unless the book was properly duplicated, because iBooks uses a magic identifier written into the iBooks Author file.

Hopefully that helps solve your issue!

updated ibook in private iTunes u course not updating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.