Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to identify the person who created a group chat on iMessage.

I would be most grateful if one of the apple technology guys could answer a question for me please. I would like to know if there is a way of identifying the person who has made a group chat on iMessage. Is it the person who is listed at the bottom of the list or top of the list She clicking into details,or is his irrelevant. Best Regards.

iPad Mini, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 8, 2015 10:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2015 7:18 AM

I did not say that this was a case where there was a failure to apply common sense. I was attempting to give a civil explanation for why people were giving you the answers they were. There is no technical answer to your quesiton. In most cases, the first message is from the person who started the thread. I'm sorry if that answer doesn't make you happy. Again, people may continue to post here unless and until the Hosts decide they have violated the Terms of Use. No one here has been anything but civil to you. Please give everyone else the same courtesy.

15 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 9, 2015 7:18 AM in response to Chester321

I did not say that this was a case where there was a failure to apply common sense. I was attempting to give a civil explanation for why people were giving you the answers they were. There is no technical answer to your quesiton. In most cases, the first message is from the person who started the thread. I'm sorry if that answer doesn't make you happy. Again, people may continue to post here unless and until the Hosts decide they have violated the Terms of Use. No one here has been anything but civil to you. Please give everyone else the same courtesy.

Feb 9, 2015 5:50 AM in response to Chester321

Chester321 wrote:

If you DO NOT know the technical way to find out please refrain from commenting further.

Unless someone violates the Terms of Use, they are free to continue commenting on this thread. And sometimes, the best answer is not the "technical" answer. Sometimes the answer is something simpler. Sometimes, it's just common sense.

How to identify the person who created a group chat on iMessage.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.