Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why does my itunes music feed glitch when streaming

Hi,

I have the latest version of I tunes on my Windows 7 based machine. I recently purchased a Monitor Audio ASB-2 sound bar with Airplay but when I stream to it both the sound from the bar and the pc plays for about 7 seconds cuts for about 1 second and then happens all over again without a break. I purchased a new Airport Express today to see if the same this happens and it does, even with all three thing playing.

Interestingly if I play from my iphone or my sons ipod there is no issue. Any ideas please??

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.1.2, ipad

Posted on Feb 8, 2015 12:06 PM

3 replies

Feb 10, 2015 10:02 AM in response to Solarboy101

Hey there Solarboy101,

It sounds like you’re running into Air-Play performance issues when streaming music from iTunes on your PC to your AirPlay-enabled speakers. Try the troubleshooting suggestions in the article linked below, they'll generally resolve issues like the one you've described.

Resolve issues with AirPlay and AirPlay Mirroring from iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Cheers,

-Jason

Feb 10, 2015 1:39 PM in response to Jason L

Hi Jason,

Thanks for your reply. I have been through all of the information held in the pages the link took me to and I have made some changes to my router but still no joy. It's a very odd fault that is like clockwork, so I am tending to think it's not an external influence on my home network but rather a setting or setup issue. I have reinstalled iTunes, reset my airport and checked all of the settings on my SKY hub. The fault is only there when playing through my pc to my airport or airplay soundbar and not from my iphone, pad or pod. I am tending to think its something buried deep within my pc's software that I am not able to find.

Any help would once again be very appreciated.

James

why does my itunes music feed glitch when streaming

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.