Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Envelopes feeding through but not printing.

I'm trying to print envelopes from Contacts. It looks like the information is being sent to the printer, but then the envelopes just feed through without anything printing on them. I've just updated everything (I'm on Yosemite 10.10.2) and I've been able to do this in the past (before Yosemite). What can I try? It's an HP Officejet 6700 and anything else I try to print comes out just fine.

MacBook Pro (15-inch Late 2011)

Posted on Feb 8, 2015 11:42 AM

3 replies

Feb 10, 2015 9:38 AM in response to debsdancer

Howdy debsdancer,

If you still haven't been able to print envelopes successfully from your Contacts app, I would use the troubleshooting in the following article to help you out here:

Troubleshooting printer issues in OS X

1. Use Software Update to find and install the latest available updates. If an update is installed, see if the issue persists.
  2. Open the Print & Scan pane or Print & Fax (Snow Leopard) pane in System Preferences.
  3. Delete the affected printer, then add the printer again.

If the issue persists, try these additional steps:

1. Reset the printing system, then add the printer again.
  2. If the issue still persists, reset the printing system again. Download and install your printer's drivers. Then, add the printer again.
  3. Contact the printer vendor or visit their website for further assistance.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

All the very best,

Sterling

Envelopes feeding through but not printing.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.