Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my FaceTime says that there is no connected camera? Help Please

Posted on Feb 8, 2015 11:10 AM

1 reply

Feb 9, 2015 8:34 AM in response to Whispertomynuts

If restarting Mac does not resolve your trouble, tryall the relevant suggestions (including testing more than one Apple camera application in more than one user account) from Apple's How to Troubleshoot iSight support article.

(Over time, Apple has changed the built-in camera's name on newer Macs from "iSight" to "FaceTime" and then to "FaceTime HD." Regardless of the name of your Mac's built-in camera, the same info and troubleshooting applies.)

If your Mac's System Information utility still does not recognize your inbuilt camera as a USB device, you most likely have a hardware problem.
There are no user serviceable parts of the camera. For hardware help, contact Apple or an Apple-Authorized Service Provider for service. Unless you have a current backup, make one now. Then use the final "Troubleshooting" suggestion: "... contact Apple or an Apple-Authorized Service Provider for service."

Message was edited by: EZ Jim

Mac OSX 10.10.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.