Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

in app purchases

If having difficulty with an app re: in app purchase made but not honored; i.e. a "bait and switch" is there any support or mediation offered from the app store? I made an in app purchase and it was abused. When I asked for an in app credit (not refund) I'm being denied and cannot find where to seek mediation. it is a $49.99 in app purchase and I only received partial use since app went into unannounced maintenance during use rendering my in app purchase useless.

Posted on Feb 8, 2015 12:14 PM

3 replies

Feb 8, 2015 6:09 PM in response to babowa

Thanks for your reply, please excuse my lengthy explanation in advance.

Yes, I have contacted the developer and they don't seem concerned their app/game allows consumers to make "speed up/flash" upgrades to continue uninterrupted use/play in theory even though in reality they execute unscheduled "maintenance" allowing purchases but prevents use.

A better "example" is you pay a premium fee on top of normal fee for an ADVANCE showing of a movie at an earlier time. Then, after your premium ticket purchase is made, the ADVANCE showing is unavailable duevto maintenance so you still wait and see it at normal time but paid $19.99 extra. It isn't until AFTER you make the purchase that the maintenance issue appears. I chalked the first time up to my gaming inexperience with a brand new app & coincidence; but the second time in 24 hours prompted my contact to change from just a question to a request for a future credit. Sadly, they don't see an issue since I still got to see the show. I explained it is effectively a "bait and switch" but the response is that I still got to see the show so no credit or consideration is due. I hesitate to name the game as they obviously have substantial $ backing since it is being heavily advertised on national television. I'm sure we'll hear more about it since upgrade "packs" can cost up to $99.99 each. Thank you again for your timely reply and the opportunity to comment.

in app purchases

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.