Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Won't turn on

Few days ago I left my MacBook aid 2013 model at home. Charge was around 80%, when I came back in a few hours it wouldn't power on.. Weird maybe battery died, plugged it in, press the power button, nothing...

Looked up problem online. Did all the command+p+r+ option and other similar option, nothing. No fan, no power. Nada.

Read somewhere that if there has been a power failure something can get fried? I'm travelling now and currently in Mexico, I asked and there was a power outage. What could this be?

I'm going 7 hours to a different city now where there is an authorized repair Center.

Locals thought it could be Cuz of humidity and salt, I've been in coastal cities last 1.5 years.

Any idea what it could be guys? Anyone else's max just doesn't turn on? Virus?

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1)

Posted on Feb 8, 2015 2:36 PM

1 reply

Feb 10, 2015 11:24 AM in response to kurolap

Hey kurolap,

Thanks for the question. If I understand correctly, the computer will not turn on. I would recommend that you read these articles, they may be helpful in troubleshooting your issue.

Troubleshooting: My computer won't turn on - Apple Support

Intel-based Macs: Resetting the System Management Controller (SMC) - Apple Support

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Have a good one,

Mario

Won't turn on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.