Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I reveal my serial number on my iCloud?

shows 5 of the serial # but the rest is covered

iPod touch, lost

Posted on Feb 8, 2015 2:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 10, 2015 11:35 AM

Hi daizyflo,

The resource below will explain how to find the serial number for your lost iPod touch:

Report a lost or stolen Apple product - Apple Support
http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT2526

You can take steps to find your lost or stolen iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac if you've enabled Find My Mac and Find My iPhone apps. Using your Find My apps allows you to put your missing device in Lost Mode, see its location, or erase its data. Other than the Find My iPhone and Find My Mac apps, there is no other Apple service that finds, tracks, or otherwise flags your device for you.

Find the serial number of your Apple hardware product - Apple Support

http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT1349

If you don't have the product with you or it won't start up

Depending on the product, you can find your serial number:

• On the surface of the product.
  • In iTunes (for products that sync with iTunes).
  • On the original product packaging.
  • On the original product receipt (or invoice).

Specific product serial numbers

Although Apple does not have a process to track or flag lost or stolen product, you can use My Support Profile to find a list of serial numbers that have been purchased or registered with your Apple ID.

1. Go to My Support Profile (only available in certain languages).
  2. Sign in with your Apple ID.
  3. View your purchases in "My Products".

If you can use iTunes on your computer but don't have your device, follow these steps:

1. Go to iTunes > Preferences (Mac) or Edit > Preferences (PC).
  2. Click the Devices tab.
  3. Hold your mouse over a backup to display the serial number for that device. You'll also see the IMEI/MEID and CDN for your iPhone or iPad (cellular model).

User uploaded file

Hope this helps ...

- Judy

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 10, 2015 11:35 AM in response to daizyflo

Hi daizyflo,

The resource below will explain how to find the serial number for your lost iPod touch:

Report a lost or stolen Apple product - Apple Support
http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT2526

You can take steps to find your lost or stolen iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac if you've enabled Find My Mac and Find My iPhone apps. Using your Find My apps allows you to put your missing device in Lost Mode, see its location, or erase its data. Other than the Find My iPhone and Find My Mac apps, there is no other Apple service that finds, tracks, or otherwise flags your device for you.

Find the serial number of your Apple hardware product - Apple Support

http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT1349

If you don't have the product with you or it won't start up

Depending on the product, you can find your serial number:

• On the surface of the product.
  • In iTunes (for products that sync with iTunes).
  • On the original product packaging.
  • On the original product receipt (or invoice).

Specific product serial numbers

Although Apple does not have a process to track or flag lost or stolen product, you can use My Support Profile to find a list of serial numbers that have been purchased or registered with your Apple ID.

1. Go to My Support Profile (only available in certain languages).
  2. Sign in with your Apple ID.
  3. View your purchases in "My Products".

If you can use iTunes on your computer but don't have your device, follow these steps:

1. Go to iTunes > Preferences (Mac) or Edit > Preferences (PC).
  2. Click the Devices tab.
  3. Hold your mouse over a backup to display the serial number for that device. You'll also see the IMEI/MEID and CDN for your iPhone or iPad (cellular model).

User uploaded file

Hope this helps ...

- Judy

How do I reveal my serial number on my iCloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.