Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone and iPad air 2 won't share messages

MMy iPhone and iPad air 2 won't share messages. I can't find where to enter my phone #

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Feb 8, 2015 2:32 PM

1 reply

Feb 10, 2015 11:23 AM in response to Ukiahans

Greetings Ukiahans,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that your messages are not working between your iPhone and iPad. To begin troubleshooting, I would suggest reading over the following article to make sure that the Continuity feature for SMS Nd MMS has been set up correctly. Please let me know if your devices seem to be set up correctly but the feature is still not working as expected.

Connect your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Mac using Continuity - Apple Support

To use Continuity for SMS and MMS with your iPhone and your Mac, iPad or iPod touch

• Your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch need to use iOS 8.1, and your Mac needs to use OS X Yosemite.
  • Sign in to iMessage on your iPhone, your other iOS devices, and your Mac using the same Apple ID.
  • On your iPhone:
    1. Go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive > You Can Be Reached By, and add a check to both your phone number and email address.
    2. Go to Messages > Text Message Forwarding, and enable the device(s) you would like to forward messages to.
  • Your Mac, iPad, or iPod touch will display a code. Enter this code on your iPhone to verify the SMS feature.

Cheers,

Joe

My iPhone and iPad air 2 won't share messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.