Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Rename iCloud Photo Sharing Album

For anyone who is interested in knowing how to rename an iCloud Photo Sharing Album on iOS8, the only way I was able to do this was via a Windows 7 machine with (iCloud for Windows) installed. There doesn't seem to be any way to do this on an iOS device running iOS8, and I even called Apple Support who didn't have any answers for me 😟

In order to rename an iCloud album already shared, follow these steps:

1. Install (iCloud for Windows) on a Windows 7 machine (I don't have Windows 8, so not sure if the process is the same)?
  2. Once installed, click the options button next to photos, and the tick (iCloud Photo Sharing) option. Your shared iCloud albums will now sync to your machine.

User uploaded file

3. Once your iCloud Photo Sharing Albums have finished syncing, in Windows Explorer, open up the "iCloud Photos" folder.

4. Double click on the iCloud album you wish to rename, an on the toolbar, click 'Options'

User uploaded file

5. In the pop up box, rename the album, and click done.

User uploaded file

Hope this helps, as I went crazy trying to find out how to do this 😕

Cheers

Rosco1972

iCloud Photo Sharing-OTHER, iOS 8.1.3, Rename iCloud Photo Sharing Album

Posted on Feb 8, 2015 9:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 9, 2015 1:28 AM

You can do it with iPhoto too:

• Open iPhoto
  • On the left panel, under SHARED, click on iCloud
  • Click on the label of the album you want to modify the name - it should be editable
  • Press enter to save the new name
5 replies

Rename iCloud Photo Sharing Album

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.