Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro won't start up

My 2008 15 inch 2.6Ghz MBP went to sleep and when I came back it wouldn't wake. When I pressed a key the optical drive made a noise and the fans came on but nothing else,m the screen remains black. I shut it down, by holding the power button down, and tried to start it up, again the optical drive made a nosie and the fans come in but no chime. The key board isn't illuminated and the cap lock light isn't lit. I've tried restting the SMC and reseating the ram, I can't reset the PRAM as the start up sequence doesn't seem to begin? Any ideas…?

Posted on Feb 8, 2015 11:44 PM

1 reply

Feb 10, 2015 12:55 PM in response to ipod24-7__

Hi ipod24/7,

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with your MacBook Pro. If you are unable to start up successfully, you may find the information and troubleshooting steps outlined in the following articles helpful:

Troubleshooting: My computer won't turn on - Apple Support

Apple computers: Troubleshooting issues with video on internal or external displays - Apple Support

Resolve startup issues and perform disk maintenance with Disk Utility and fsck - Apple Support

Regards,

- Brenden

Macbook Pro won't start up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.