Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 Plus battery usage time and standby issue

User uploaded file

Hi, I´m having a problem with my iPhone 6+ 128GB with IOS 8.1.3, after doing a full charge, the timers of "usage and standby time" of the battery appears to be running properly and start counting the time pefectly, the problem comes when I turn it off by night at bedtime , and when I turn it on in the morning, in these two paragraphs appears just: two lines "---" .

I have already Restored in iTunes as a new iPhone, but couldn´t solved . I´m having this problem since IOS 8.1.2.

Thanks in advance for your support,

User uploaded file

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.1.3, null

Posted on Feb 8, 2015 9:44 PM

14 replies

Feb 9, 2015 1:17 AM in response to Carlos_G2

The standby and usage timer only works if the phone has been fully charged before you start using the device. Since the phone has been switched off, the software could not record any activity, and starting again at 97% does not trigger the counter again. It needs to be charge up to 100% again after being switched off, otherwise you can't get usage data. This is how it is supposed to work, no defect.

Feb 9, 2015 6:03 AM in response to Ingo2711

Hi, thanks for your support, but I took that screenshot the morning after I fully charged it the night before, it was fully charged. After I unplugged the phone, I've sta to use it for a wile, until it reached 97%, then I turned it off. And in the morning appeared as you see on the picture. I've tried too, fully charging and then turning it off immediately and after 8 hours approximately, it's turned on again and with 100% appears the same lines too... That's why I'm worried about. So, I don know if it's a software or hardware problem...

Feb 10, 2015 6:09 AM in response to Carlos_G2

Hi, I've tried restoring from zero, the recovered my info with the last backup, used the phone for a few minutes. The turned it off, and today in the morning. The same situation... I really worried about this problem. Do you think that might be the hardware??? Everything runs perfect, no glitches, no battery drains, nothing... Just this little detail. Thanks in advance for all the support.

User uploaded file

Feb 12, 2015 4:38 PM in response to Ingo2711

Hi, finally, the iPhone conitinued with the problem... So, I´ve requested a appointment to the Genius Bar, today I went there, they´ve checked the phone, so they found the problem with the hardware, so my iphone has been replaced. Now, I´m trying to drain the battery, and then fully charge it, to, evaluate the new one. The guy, from the G.B. told me, that this one, shouldn´t have the same problem. So, let´s wait and see. I´m little bit worried, because the new one came in a different box, so, I´ve read in various blogs that the ones that they replace are refurbished... I´m a little bit concerned, because I´ve paid more than $1000 for a brand new phone, and now I have something that was repaired earlier... Well, that´s all, thanks again for your support.

Best regards,

iPhone 6 Plus battery usage time and standby issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.