Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What kind of Wifi generated from hotspot in iPhone 4S?

I would like to know what type of Wifi generated by hotspot in iPhone 4S?

Is that a 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz; G or N?

Because I could connect to this Wifi from another iPad but couldn't connect the iPad to another Wifi generated from a Linksys G 2.4 GHz.

Thank you very much.

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 9, 2015 12:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 10, 2015 12:48 PM

Hello Paul.Jame,

Thanks for the question. If I understand correctly, you want to know what kind of network is created by using hotspot. I would recommend that you read these articles, they may be helpful in troubleshooting your issue.

iOS: Understanding Personal Hotspot - Apple Support

The Wi-Fi network name or Bluetooth name is your device name. The Wi-Fi network is 802.11g/n capable using WPA2 encryption.

This second article should help you connect to other networks.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network - Apple Support

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Have a good one,

Mario

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 10, 2015 12:48 PM in response to Paul.Jame

Hello Paul.Jame,

Thanks for the question. If I understand correctly, you want to know what kind of network is created by using hotspot. I would recommend that you read these articles, they may be helpful in troubleshooting your issue.

iOS: Understanding Personal Hotspot - Apple Support

The Wi-Fi network name or Bluetooth name is your device name. The Wi-Fi network is 802.11g/n capable using WPA2 encryption.

This second article should help you connect to other networks.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network - Apple Support

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Have a good one,

Mario

What kind of Wifi generated from hotspot in iPhone 4S?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.