Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Drive won't upload file

I have recently uploaded all my documents to my iCloud Drive via the folder in the Finder window. Today, I tried to upload another document, but the iCloud sky icon with dotted lines, indicating that the file is being uploaded to iCloud won't disappear.

My mac has the recent version of OSX: 10.10.2.

Does anyone know what the problem may be?

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Feb 9, 2015 1:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2017 5:03 PM

I have been having the same problem. Some of my files just wouldn't upload using the finder window. I've just started uploading them using the web interface at iCloud.com and it seems to be working perfectly. The only issue is you have to do it through the web interface which is not as nice to use as finder but for the files that were 'sticking' it seems to be a good workaround. Good luck!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 25, 2017 5:03 PM in response to Jonstrup

I have been having the same problem. Some of my files just wouldn't upload using the finder window. I've just started uploading them using the web interface at iCloud.com and it seems to be working perfectly. The only issue is you have to do it through the web interface which is not as nice to use as finder but for the files that were 'sticking' it seems to be a good workaround. Good luck!

Feb 10, 2015 12:56 PM in response to Jonstrup

Good Morning Jonstrup,

The resource below will explain what to do if you are unable to upload a file to iCloud Drive. Click on the link below to see more details and screenshots. I've quoted some helpful highlights for you:

Get help using iCloud Drive - Apple Support
http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203052

What if my files aren’t updating to iCloud?

Check these things first:

• Check your Internet connection. In your iOS device’s status bar, look for an Edge, 3G, 4G, LTE, or Wi-Fi icon. On your computer, look in your local network utility for an active wired or wireless network connection. Then open a website from your browser to make sure you're connected.
  • Sign in to iCloud on all of your devices, and turn on iCloud Drive.
  • Install the latest versions of Pages, Numbers, and Keynote. See which versions of Pages, Numbers, and Keynote you can use with iCloud Drive.
  • Make sure you have enough iCloud storage. If you exceed your iCloud storage quota, your files won’t upload to iCloud Drive and edits won’t update across your devices. Learn how to upgrade your iCloud storage.
  • Create a new document and save it to see if it uploads to iCloud. If it does, see if the other documents start uploading.

If you tried these steps and your files still don’t upload to iCloud:

1. Stay signed in to iCloud.
  2. Save your updated files to a different folder on your Mac or PC.
  3. Contact Apple Support.

Hope this helps ...

- Judy

iCloud Drive won't upload file

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.