Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ìPad Air and Apple TV - display

I have the "Remote" app on my iPad Air and the new ATV. When I select the Remote app I hope (expect?) to see the same screen that I do on my TV when my ATV is switched on, for example "Movies" and a line of available movies including artwork. But when I select my ATV via the remote app I just have a blank screen telling me I haven't downloaded any music. Also, in the bottom left had corner if I select movies. it's a blank screen except if I tap rentals where I see the cover of the last movie I downloaded.

Basically, what I want to see on my iPad is the same screen I see on my TV when I switch on my ATV, ie; Movies, TV, Music etc with the associated cover artwork also all the apps below, Netflix, Vevo etc.

It would be great if I could see all this on my iPad and negotiate the ATV instead of having to use the fiddly silver remote.

Is this possible with the Remote app or is there some other way of achieving this?

Thanks.

Brian

iPad Air Wi-Fi, Windows 8

Posted on Feb 9, 2015 5:28 AM

1 reply

Feb 10, 2015 2:49 PM in response to beachboy999

Hi beachboy999,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. When used with an Apple TV, the remote app can act as a touch interface to replace your regular Apple TV remote. The application will not mirror what is on your Apple TV, but it may be useful for swiping and typing information quickly.

For more information on how to use the remote app, check out this webpage:

Apple - Apps - Remote

http://www.apple.com/apps/remote/

User uploaded file

Based on the description of your end goal, I believe you can achieve the same experience by using AirPlay. Navigating through content, etc on your iPad and then AirPlaying it when ready. For more information about AirPlay, see this resource:

Use AirPlay to wirelessly stream content from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT4437

- Matt M.

ìPad Air and Apple TV - display

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.