Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why dont i receive texts or phone calls when my phones off or flat?

I Have an iphone 4 and have had it for nearly 2 years. Ever since i got my phone i have not been able to receive text messages or phone calls when its turned off or flat.

So if my phone goes flat and i turn it back on, i never receive calls or texts. I have tried turning my phone off then getting someone else to text me, then i have turned it on and the text does not come up?

i really need help on this due to family or work texting me and i dont realise.

Thanks.

iPhone 4, iOS 7.1.1

Posted on Feb 9, 2015 8:03 AM

3 replies

Feb 9, 2015 8:24 AM in response to Kawazaki1999

I don't understand why you would expect to receive calls when the phone is turned off. By definition, it's OFF; it is not going to work. If you have voicemail enabled on your line callers should be given the option of leaving a message, which you can then listen to when the phone is on. If a caller does not leave a message there is no way to know that they called.

Feb 9, 2015 8:34 AM in response to Kawazaki1999

It's not clear exactly what you're saying. You will not get calls or texts when the phone is off because it's off and that's the way it works. But it sounds as if what you might be trying to say is that, if you turn you phone off and then turn it back on again, you don't get calls or texts for some period of time. Can you please clarify?

Why dont i receive texts or phone calls when my phones off or flat?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.