Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

pb installing wifi lexmark X4550 printer on mac book pro

hello,

I have pb with the installation of my X4550 lexmark wifi printer.

On lexmark website i downlaoded the drivers.

Then I added a printer : preferences system > printer > clic on + > IP > then add the ip adress of the printer and IP protocol :

the system detects it is a lexmark printer but when I add the printer, I have error message : impossible to check the printer on your network (I have the message in french sorry for the translation).

If I continue and try to print a document, the system find the printer and I can see the doc in the queue but it doesnt print with a communication pb message.

Any idea ?

After 20 years of PC, it is my first mac experience. I d like to have it good ;-)

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Feb 9, 2015 7:04 AM

3 replies

Feb 10, 2015 2:51 PM in response to benoîtfromlyon

Hello benoîtfromlyon,

If you are having issues installing your Wi-Fi printer, here are some things you can try:

Connect an AirPrint printer to a Wi-Fi network - Apple Support

http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201900

This general information isn't specific to any particular printer. For detailed steps, check the printer's documentation or contact the printer's manufacturer. All Wi-Fi printers need a properly configured Wi-Fi network and the name (or SSID) and password of that network.

If your printer is wireless-capable, you should first add the printer to your network. Use the printer's control panel, or temporarily connect the printer to your Mac via USB.

You may be able to use a USB connection to set up Wi-Fi printing:

1. Connect the printer to your Mac using the appropriate USB cable.
  2. Install the Mac software that came with the printer, and make sure that it includes a printer setup assistant.
  3. Use the printer setup assistant to connect the printer to your Wi-Fi network. Check the printer's documentation for details.
  4. Disconnect the USB cable from the printer and Mac. The printer should remain connected to the Wi-Fi network.

Troubleshooting printer issues in OS X - Apple Support
http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203343

Hope this helps ...

- Judy

pb installing wifi lexmark X4550 printer on mac book pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.