Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can i download apps without Credit Card? First Time Using Ipad.

When i log-in to itunes, it says "review" when i follow it. Its asking me Credit card.

how can i get away from asking credit card. cuz i dont have any.

iPad Mini, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 9, 2015 9:10 AM

2 replies

Feb 9, 2015 9:38 AM in response to Filgerman2014

TThis is what you should have done in the first place. Unfortunately, Apple does not make this clear when you first create your Apple ID because they assume that .... Well frankly, I don't know what they assume and why they don't spell this out up front when you first activate your device.

Create an iTunes Store, App Store, or iBooks Store account without a credit card or other payment method - Apple Suppor…

IF you don't have a credit card at all, you may have to create another Apple ID. If you create another ID, just abandon this one. You cannot delete Apple ID's

if you do have a credit card that you can add, you can add it and then delete it.

If you're using the iTunes Store or App Store for the first time

If you're using the store for the first time with an existing Apple ID, you must provide a payment method. After you create the account, you can change your payment information to None.

If you're creating a new Apple ID, you might be able to create an account without entering your credit card details.

Feb 9, 2015 9:40 AM in response to Filgerman2014

Unless the instructions on this page are followed when creating an account : Create an iTunes Store, App Store, or iBooks Store account without a credit card or other payment method - Apple Suppor…

then credit card details will need to be entered before the account can be used to download any item from the store.

You could see if this post by mountaingoatgirl lets you review your account without needing to enter credit card details : https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5295285?answerId=24303054022#24303054022

Edit : If that doesn't work then as you don't have a credit card you will have to create a new account (and follow the instructions on the above link when creating it).

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.