Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

in mail 8.2 if I click the template button the CPU start running at 150% CPU and WindowServer arrive to 20 GB and more of memory

hello, after upgrade to Yosemite I have a problem with Mail/CPU.

if I create a new email message everything is ok, but if I click the button at the top right (show template) on the message window, the CPU running at 130-150% and the VirtualServer memory start increasing up you 20 GB and more.

If I close and reopen Mail (without closing the mail message) the CPU return to 130-150% but if I send or delete the message the CPU return to the standard value

If I don't click the template button on the new message window the CPU works correctly.

This thing cause slowdowns and unexpected logout of my imac, I contacted applecare twice and they told me to create a new user (first) and reinstall a fresh operating system (second). I have done both but the problem is not solved.

I have also tried this (without results): Guide: How to solve Yosemite memory leaks and CPU usage

Do you have any solution for may problem?

imac 5K - 16 GB ram

Yosemite 10.10.2

Mail 8.2

Thanks in advance

Posted on Feb 9, 2015 7:59 AM

4 replies

Feb 21, 2015 9:30 AM in response to Piergigi

I have that same problem on all my yosemite Mac´s too and no solution yet exept deleting your own templates.

But if you need to use the templates for your business like i do this is not an "good" option

I use this workaround at the moment until theres a fix

You can copy our own templates in an existing nativ template folder apple mail uses. (Google knows where the folders are)

(Or you can use another Mail program or a slow Apple Mail 😉)

in mail 8.2 if I click the template button the CPU start running at 150% CPU and WindowServer arrive to 20 GB and more of memory

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.