Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm trying to figure out which OS X version and build I need to completely reformat and then re-install the OS on my G4 Power PC (Quicksilver 2002)

So I've started my quest for the correct information and software required to completely erase and then re-install the OS on my G4 Power PC (Quicksilver 2002) roughly 2 days ago only to be stuck and very frustrated! So I could more than likely figure this out on own BUT the OS currently installed is so screwed up I cant even safe mode start it.. so I cant get the information I need from the "about this Mac" details if it were running. Is there another way to figure the correct OS X and build I'll need to reformat. I just want to return it to it's factory state and then give it to my kid. Anyone's help on this matter will be so very appreciated. Thanks

Mac OS X (10.1.x), Power PC G4 Quicksilver (2002)

Posted on Feb 9, 2015 9:48 AM

3 replies

I'm trying to figure out which OS X version and build I need to completely reformat and then re-install the OS on my G4 Power PC (Quicksilver 2002)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.