Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Explainer video for non-professional user

I am making an explainer video for my small consulting company. I am very new to all of this but need to do this in-house. My question is, can I buy a template from a place like video hive and fully customize the movement and colors? Will a non-professional user be able to get up the learning curve to learn the aspects of doing so?

Macbook, Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on Feb 9, 2015 11:05 AM

4 replies

Feb 10, 2015 1:19 PM in response to radguy

Not sure what you mean, but most of use who do video training as a profession use ScreenFlow. Ripple Training just produced a training video course about using Screen Flow for training videos. AS for templates, not sure what you are looking for. A template of a training video? That doesn't exist. In the mean time, I'll have a "1st time user, bare bone basics" for Motion up in a couple of days here, to give you some ideas.

http://www.finalcutprox.guru/FinalCutProX.guru/Motion.html

Feb 11, 2015 10:38 PM in response to radguy

what Ben says …

in addendum:

I'm no professional user of M5, just made me a few plug-ins/animated titles/generators for my FCPX' projects.

M5 has a steep learning curve!

As a beginner, you think, you have to do it all by 'key frames' until you realize the power & beauty of M5's Behaviors … in combo with a 'paint app', such as Pixelmator, which supports psd-format = delivering layers, you can create impressive animations within minutes ... ok, hours 😉

but ready-made templates for 'explainer videos' - never saw that??

You have a link to an example, what you like to accomplish? .....

Feb 18, 2015 7:24 AM in response to Karsten Schlüter

I would not say Motion's learning curve is steep, just learning the basics is easy. I teach it regularly. Getting into the more advanced tools and functions just takes time, step-by-step.

Here is a video that covers the bare bone basics for beginner users.

If you're looking for templates, MotionVFX.com is the best place to go. But for a training video, there's no template for that.

Feb 19, 2015 2:40 AM in response to BenB

BenB wrote:

. I teach it regularly.

... And I learn it regularly. 😉

THanks for your Tutorial - I should Check your Site more frequently.

PErhaps learning the 'buttons' isn't steep, but the way from "this is how it should Look like" to "done" is sometimes a bumpy For my narrow mind some things are not so intuitive as it could be. Anyhow: a must for any/most FCPX User. 😁

Explainer video for non-professional user

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.