Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes shows space on iphone but won't sync

My itunes shows 2.24GB of free space on my phone, but when I go to sync, I get a message that says,

The iPhone cannot be synced because there is not enough free space to hold all of the selected items (additional 278.2 required).

When I hit OK, the sync process stops and the status bar at the bottom shows 1.62GB free space.

It's an iphone 4 with 7.1.2, and I'm running itunes 12.1.0.71 64-bit on Windows 7 through USB.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

John

iPhone 4, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Feb 9, 2015 12:30 PM

3 replies

Feb 10, 2015 5:57 AM in response to jhnitunes

UPDATE: I tried clearing all music (by unchecking the sync music box), which makes itunes show 4.79GB free space in the bottom status bar, and when I hit sync, I get the following message (same as last time, but with a difference in additional space required):

The iPhone cannot be synced because there is not enough free space to hold all of the selected items (additional 1 MB required).

What gives, itunes?

itunes shows space on iphone but won't sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.