Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 6 plus bluetooth serious problem with iOS 8.1.3

Since I have iOS 8.1.3 on my iphone 6+ bluetooth is not working. Not connecting or syncing with these devices: macbook 13" retina, polar m400 watch. I'll check out some other devices. My wife's iphone 6 also doesn't connect. I went to the genius bar and received a new iphone 6 plus. This has not solved the problem. I used yesterday's iCloud backup to reinstall. No luck. Then I completely erased the iphone, total reset and restored as a NEW iphone. No luck. Bummer. Bluetooth system prefs says "not connected".

Interestingly, a silly old keyboard does connect smoothly. What's going on here?

mini, ibook, G4, iMac, Mac OS X (10.4.7)

Posted on Feb 9, 2015 12:21 PM

3 replies

Feb 9, 2015 1:17 PM in response to Meer Wim

Meer Wim wrote:

I'm not sure I understand this. I haven't been tethering as far as I know. MacID seems to work though. So something is not clear to me I guess.

You can't connect your iphone to your mac via Bluetooth, that has never been supported by Apple.

I gave you a link to show you the supported profiles - Bluetooth keyboard will work.

Also gave you a link to continuity if that what you were using prior to updating your IOS.

iphone 6 plus bluetooth serious problem with iOS 8.1.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.