Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why won't my iPad work our wireless printer when my husbands one does?

Why won't my iPad work with our wireless printer when my husbands identical ipad does?

iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G

Posted on Feb 9, 2015 12:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 10, 2015 7:57 AM

The only thing that should be getting in the way is if your iPad is not concerted to the same wi-fi network as his and the printer. If your iPad is using 3G data it won't be able to find the printer. If your device is using the same wifi network, try turning off cellular data anyway before looking for a printer.

If that doesn't help you should try resetting your device's wireless connectivity by doing the following

Go to: Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings

Wait for a reboot, reconnect to your network and see if the printer works.

If not, Go to: Settings>General>Reset>Reset All Settings

Wait for the reboot, reconnect to your network and see if the printer works.

Neither of those resets will erase any of your personal data, but will reset the respective preferences that they indicate.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 10, 2015 7:57 AM in response to Nannyv

The only thing that should be getting in the way is if your iPad is not concerted to the same wi-fi network as his and the printer. If your iPad is using 3G data it won't be able to find the printer. If your device is using the same wifi network, try turning off cellular data anyway before looking for a printer.

If that doesn't help you should try resetting your device's wireless connectivity by doing the following

Go to: Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings

Wait for a reboot, reconnect to your network and see if the printer works.

If not, Go to: Settings>General>Reset>Reset All Settings

Wait for the reboot, reconnect to your network and see if the printer works.

Neither of those resets will erase any of your personal data, but will reset the respective preferences that they indicate.

Why won't my iPad work our wireless printer when my husbands one does?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.