Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing Ringtones in Sound with iOS8.1.3 iPhone 5

I recently upgraded to iOS 8.1.3 for my iphone 5. Now all my previously custom Ringtones that were present through all the other updates are gone when I look in my sounds. When I look at my lists in my iTunes when my phone is plugged in the appear to be there under Tones in my list of all the media on my phone. However they do not show up when I actually try to use them through General>Sounds. Any suggestions on how to get my ringtones back? They were working fine up until my most recent update. Now they have all reset to default.

iPhone 5, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 9, 2015 2:25 PM

4 replies

Feb 10, 2015 3:17 PM in response to selenafromshenzhen

Actually I've already done this multiple times. This was what I was trying to convey but didn't. They are in my iTunes, but also when my phone is linked it shows up under MyiPhone>tones However when I look on my phone Settings>sounds they are not there. This is the problem. It seems like they are on my phone somewhere, But I can't find them now.

May 6, 2015 3:28 AM in response to mjshegog

This can be tricky if you don't know much about these updates so here is the solution. When in iTunes check to see if all your tones are in your tones library. If yes then you need to click on your little iPhone symbol at the top of the page (its just like a tiny iPhone) A list will appear in the left hand side of your screen going downwards ...summary, apps, music and so on. Click on tones in this list and you will get all your tones to appear on the screen. You will notice all the boxes are unticked so simply tick all the boxes next to the tones you want on your iPhone. next click the summary tab back in the list on the left and click sync at the bottom right.. they should all appear on your iPhone under tones. Hope this helped 🙂

Missing Ringtones in Sound with iOS8.1.3 iPhone 5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.