Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Credit Card Exp Date in iTunes vs. iCloud Add Family Member

Last week, I updated my credit card expiration date in iTunes. After a couple days, iCloud's "Payment" section reflects my new Visa expiration date.

However, when I try to add my child to the iCloud, i am still getting the message: "To create an account for a child, you must verify that you are an adult using a valid credit card. Update your card information in iTunes."

Please advise. Thanks.

Posted on Feb 9, 2015 8:16 PM

1 reply

Feb 11, 2015 10:41 AM in response to JamesHang

Hi JamesHang,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you have your Apple ID set up with your payment method, but are receiving an error while trying to set up Family Sharing with your child. This could be because the form of payment you have on file is a debit/credit card and not solely a credit card. To set up an Apple ID for your child, the form of payment must be a credit card.

Create an Apple ID for your child

Before you begin, make sure that you're using a credit card as your iTunes Store and App Store payment method. To comply with child online privacy protection laws, you will use the CVV or security code from a valid credit card as part of providing your parental consent. If the card on file is a debit card or another payment method, you’ll be asked to provide a credit card before you can continue. After you create the child's Apple ID, you can change your payment method back to a debit card.

Family Sharing and Apple IDs for kids - Apple Support

Best regards,

Joe

Credit Card Exp Date in iTunes vs. iCloud Add Family Member

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.