Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I restore from iCloud after I have restored from iTunes?

My iPad was locked in a reboot loop. I finally gave up & restored, but I mistakenly allowed it to restore from the iTunes copy which is almost 3 months old instead of the two day old iCloud version. iTunes claims that my device has never been backed up, but i can see it through iCloud. Can I restore from that copy or am I wasting my time to even try?

iPad 2, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Feb 9, 2015 11:00 PM

1 reply

Feb 11, 2015 11:06 AM in response to BamaFballGirl

Hey there BamaFballGirl,

You should be able to restore your iPad from your iCloud backup with the following article. Having restored from that old iTunes backup shouldn't affect it:

iCloud: Restore or set up your iOS device from iCloud

Restore from an iCloud backup

1. On your iOS device, go to Settings > General > Software Update. If a newer version of iOS is available, follow the onscreen instructions to download and install it.

2. Make sure you have a recent backup to restore from.

• On your iOS 8 device: Go to Settings > iCloud > Storage > Manage Storage, then tap a device listed under Backups to see the date and size of its latest backup.

• On your iOS 7 device: Go to Settings > iCloud > Storage & Backup > Manage Storage, then tap a device listed under Backups to see the date and size of its latest backup.

For information about backing up manually now, see Back up your iOS device to iCloud. If you don’t see a backup you expected to be there, see the Apple Support article If you need help restoring an iCloud backup.

3. Go to Settings > General > Reset, then tap “Erase all content and settings.”

4. In the Setup Assistant, proceed to “Set up your device,” tap Restore from a Backup, then sign in to iCloud.

5. Proceed to “Choose backup,” then choose from a list of available backups in iCloud.

For help deciding which backup to restore from, including information about restoring from another device’s backup, see the Apple Support article If you need help restoring an iCloud backup.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Regards,

Sterling

Can I restore from iCloud after I have restored from iTunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.