Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Mac Pro does not support Boot Camp (somehow)?

So for some reason every time I try and open the boot camp assistant I get this message "Boot camp assistant can not be used, This Mac does not support Boot Camp". I find this vary confusing as it should be able to (or so I assume as boot camp came pre installed). I don't Have a RAID set or even a RAID card for that matter. All the HD's are formatted to Mac OS Extended (Journaled). I'm not sure what else Im missing. I would consider using Parallels like on my macbook only that I'm trying to test out some rather graphic intensive games to see wether or not I want to build a gaming rig in the future, and virtual machines have this nasty habit of cutting my power in half.

Boot camp is 5.1.3

computer specs

Mac Pro (Mid 2010)

OSX 10.10.2

Processor: 2 x 2.66 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon

Memory: 24 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 2048 MB

4: 2 TB Hitachi HD's

Any help is much appreciated, thank you 🙂

Mac Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Feb 10, 2015 3:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2017 8:47 AM

I have this same exact problem. If anyone could help me.

12 replies

Feb 12, 2015 3:51 AM in response to mrvelocity

So update. Boot camp now works...somehow. Not sure how I fixed it but this is what I did that lead to it. As you asked I tried to make a boot drive on a USB for OS X Mavericks, But the App store would not let me download it. So instead I made one with OS X Yosemite. After witch I shut it down, pulled the USB and restarted. At witch point I got a gray screen. I then restarted and opened the startup manager. It only showed a install and a restore drive. Tried restore, but it just brought me back to the gray screen. At witch point I opened disk utility and repaired my main HD, and restarted. Still gray screen. So then I booted in safe mode witch brought me to my account login (and my screen flashed a bit). After I logged in I restarted again. Witch once again brought me back to gray screen. So I tried reseting my NVRAM with no success. Started in safe mode again and went to my start up disk and selected my main boot drive and restarted. All returned to normal and boot camp now works. Not sure what I did to fix the problem as i'm not that computer savvy but thanks for all your help and I hope you can gather some information from my random desperate attempts to get my computer running normally again.

In the end it all worked out

thanks again 🙂

My Mac Pro does not support Boot Camp (somehow)?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.